Site announcements

Announcement on New Semester Updates

Picture of fazillah Ruseli
Announcement on New Semester Updates
by fazillah Ruseli - Thursday, 16 April 2020, 12:43 PM

Dear UNITARians,

ANNOUNCEMENT ON NEW SEMESTER UPDATES 

In line with the Government’s extension of the Movement Control Order (MCO) period from 14 April 2020 to 28 April 2020, please be informed that UNITAR’s campuses will remain closed until 28 April 2020. The University Senate has deliberated at length on appropriate measures that are to be taken to ensure minimal disruption to our academic activities. Below are the key decisions that have been taken:

1. Adjustment of the UNITAR Academic Calendar

The UNITAR Academic Calendar 2020/2021 has been revised as below and you can view the timeline through the Student Portal in UNIEC Virtual:

1. On-line Teaching and Learning

For this April 2020 semester, from Week 1 to Week 7 [27 April 2020 to 21 June 2020], all our learning activities will be done remotely, or online, on UNIEC Virtual. In other words, there will be no learning taking place on Campus. Do watch out for our next emails to find out how this will be done. We will be providing easy-to-follow guidelines and guides to give you a good start on your studies this semester.

As we care about the safety of our campus community, we strongly advise you to stay at home during this period and have your academic studies done virtually. If the situation improves, you will be able to return to campus and resume your physical activities beginning Week 8 to Week 14 [22 June 2020 to 7 Aug 2020].

However, International students who are currently back in their home countries shall continue their studies online until the end of the semester. This decision was made taking into account the various international travel restrictions that may be put in place.

1. E-Add/Drop and Course Registration

If you have not done so by now, you are required to confirm your April semester courses before class begins. If you need to add or drop a course, please note that for this semester, the add/drop period begins on the 20th April 2020 and ends on 8 May (end of week 2). Although the add/drop period ends on 8 May, you are strongly advised to add/drop your courses by the 27th of April. You can perform your course registration and add/drop of course(s) online, via UNIEC CAMPUS.

If you encounter any problems navigating through the system, please email your faculty co-ordinator/executive, or One Stop Centre at onestopcentre@unitar.my for further assistance.

Faculty of Business and Technology

Ms. Zuriani Binti Jaffar

Email: zuriani@unitar.my

Mdm. Hanitah Binti Ariffin

Email: hanitah@unitar.my

Faculty of Education and Humanities

Mr. Mohd Arifin

Email: mohd_arifin@unitar.my

School of Culinary Arts

Mr. Mohd Shazli Bin Mohd Noor

Email: shazli@unitar.my

1. Special Exams for Semester January 2020

Special Exams for January 2020 has been scheduled for the 18th – 19th April 2020 (Saturday - Sunday). The special exams will be conducted via UNIEC VIRTUAL. Details on this have been sent out via a separate email and we will continue to send this out as a reminder until the 19th of April 2020. You are strongly advised to regularly check your UNITAR student email (Office 365) for announcements regarding the schedule, details and guidelines related to Special Exams. Should you have any inquiries pertaining to the above matter, kindly e-mail us at eu@unitar.my or onestopcentre@unitar.my

1. E-Support Services

One Stop Centre will be operating as usual during the MCO period by providing e-support services to all students on the following via email communication:

• E - Letter Requisition
  • E - Hostel Enquiries
  • E - Student Verification
  • E - Exam Matters
  • E - Payment via online transfer
  • E - UNIEC Login Problem
  • E - Registration for new students
  • E - Credit Transfer / Exemption
  • E - Financial Barred Matters
  • E - Deferment / Withdrawal Advising
  • E - Financial Assistant   

(PTPTN/Zakat/EPF/Financial Aid)

• E - Change of Programme/mode                  

Application Submission

• E-Student Non-Active Status advising
  • E - International Students Matters
  • E - Counselling
  • and others general enquiries
  • E - Student Affairs matters

Please be updated with the announcements issued by the University regularly and check your emails and university announcements daily.

For further information or clarification, please write to onestopcentre@unitar.my

Do stay at home and be safe and healthy.

Thank you.

Regards,

Registrar

UNITAR International University